European Data Centre for Work and Welfare (EDACwowe)
Wim Van OORSCHOTemail
P10 - University of Tilburg
|Torben FRIDBERG email
P18 - Danish National Centre for Social Research
The overall objective of WP05 is to establish, run, maintain and further develop EDACwowe, which is an open-to-all, service-oriented, integrated European Data Centre for Work and Welfare where existing quantitative and qualitative data relevant for the analysis of tensions between work and welfare are organised into a meta-data shell, and where new data generated by the network are gathered, integrated and harmonised.
The work related to establishing EDACwowe started off in October 2006. After one year and a half, EDACwowe has realized the data shell website, which is on the web as from April 2008.
- The further development of the structure of the data shell and especially the website
- The organisation of regular workshops every year with the strands and Advisory Board to evaluate and improve the website, prepare the data projects and to exchange information and eperience on data activities in the network.
- The Data Demonstration Project which consists in a full teaching programme focusing on new and advanced field of expertise relating to multi-level analyses of data from different sources and of different types.
- The RECWOWE-oriented service activities regarding the retrieval and handling of data.
- The Tensions Data project, which aim is to contribute to the understanding and analysing of tensions in the relationships between work and welfare, by stimulating and demonstrating to the network strands and their members a series of fully carried through multi-level data analyses.
- A first meeting has been organised by Tilburg University (P10 - UVT) on January 2008 with strands representatives and the EDACwowe Advisory Board.
- The 2nd EDACwowe workshop has been organised by the Danish National Centre for Social Research (P18-SFI) on March 20, 2009.